Benedikt Walther & Jessica Bulling
The „student research team“ is a project supported by the “Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden Württemberg”. The focus is set on scientifical work and research. The main question of this work: “Can liquid wood replace materials, based on fossil raw materials, in room space and causing the same welfare?“
OLD HAT - NEW TECHNOLOGY
Wood in combination with new technologies?
- Not today, but maybe tomorrow.
1. What means sustainability?
How can fossil raw materials be reduced?
The theory concentrates on alternative materials.
2. Can Liquid wood replaces fossil materials?
Technical characteristics potentials are examined.
3. Experts are interviewed. Advantages and disadvantages are summed up.
4. Conclusion: Unfortunately liquid wood cannot replace plastics today. But: Liquid wood is a potential material of tomorrow.
injection moldable, extrudable, sandable, sawable, heat-resistant, electrically insulating
70- 100 % biodegradable
( Replacing plastics )
No filigree parts